Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Kidney cancer is a cancer that originates in the kidney. In adults, type of kidney cancer is the most commonly found, while renal cell carcinoma in children is often found Wilms tumor.
Suspected kidney cancer derived from kidney cells that mutate DNA so that cells grow and divide rapidly. The problem, which abnormal cells form tumors, even some abnormal cells can spread (metastasize) to various parts of the body.
In the early stages, kidney cancer rarely show symptoms. However, if the stage is advanced, the symptoms that often arise include:
- There is blood in the urine color can be pink, red or like cola
- Low back pain below the ribs that would not go missing
- Weight loss
- Intermittent fever (increased body temperature only at a certain period and then suddenly return to normal as in patients with malaria)
- Operations such as lifting the affected kidney tumor or the tumor of the kidney.
- Freezing cancer cells (cryoablation)
- Heating up in between the cancer cells (radiofrequency ablation)
- Biological therapy (immunotherapy)
- Targeted therapy, targeting the specific aspects of cancer
- Radiation therapy